Saturday, May 16, 2009

Zaida Fundraiser

My young cousin is fighting for her life. We had a fundraiser to assist her and her family with the financial burden of ongoing treatments. A year and a half ago ago, at age three, Zaida was diagnosed with peritoneal malignant mesothelioma. She will undergo another surgery Monday and continued chemotherapy. Her CA-125 is dropping which is a good sign for Zaida. Zaida's grandmother, Laura, who is also my aunt has worked very hard organizing this event. I think the effort paid off, she surpassed her goal. Many family members and friends showed up to offer their support.
My uncle Bobby doing the raffle drawings.

My aunt Laura oversee's the activities.

My family(L-R): Aunt Kim, Aunt Kathy, Aunt Laura, and my Mother Annette.

My Brother Ryan and Sister-in-Law Brenda.

Me and Duane

Great Friends: Chris and Dave

No comments: